Firesafe has developed a fire and blast bellow for sealing the gap between the hatch coaming and riser, both drilling and intervention risers. The product was originally developed for ConocoPhillips but has later also been supplied to other operators, like Statoil. The bellow has been tested and approved for jet-fire (350kW/m2, >15min), HC-fire (H0) and blast up to 1.4 barg. The flexible seal can also accommodate for riser movements, both horizontally (up to 900mm) and vertically (up to 150mm).
Former clients are very pleased and satisfied with the product. Additional features are protection against falling objects and weather seal. Keeping decks fully sealed (e.g. against snow, rain, spill etc.) enhances the working conditions and is very important in harsh environment like the Arctic.
GPG Marine is a sealing material (mortar) for cable and pipe penetrations through fire barriers.
• Tested and approved for HC-fire (H0,H60,H120) for cable penetrations
• H0 fire resistance met without use of any extra insulation
• IMO (A60, A0) and jet-fire tests (350kW/m2) for penetrations are to be carried out in the near future
• Very cost-effective material with excellent fire resistance properties compared to conventional solutions
• Easy, fast and flexible installation
Firesafe has also developed a system for upgrading existing cable penetrations (e.g. MCT) to a satisfactory fire-safety level in a very cost-effective way. Sufficient seal systems are very important in harsh environments, like the Arctic, in protection of process equipment/areas from bad weather and rain/ice exposure.