About Grotnes Steel
Grotnes offers standard workshop services alongside specialist services not often found in traditional workshops in Norway or the rest of Europe. We specialise in treating thick steel materials where cutting, heat treatment, ring-rolling and welding are performed in accordance with tried and tested procedures.
Grotnes’ specialist cutting expertise means that we can in principle, using multi-level cutting, implement assignments that would otherwise be performed in foundries or using forging processes.
"Cut to scape", Grotnes can do multilevel cutting of steel up to 1 600 mm. Saves considerable machining cost.
Proprietary steel quality better than NORSOK M120 MDS Y20. Can in many cases replace ASTM A182/F22 as a cost effective solution. The steel has especially good toughness at low temperatures (down to minus 60oC)
We can also produce forged material from NORSOK M123.
Our products has been delivered worldwide for numerous project within the Oil & Gas segment.
Examples of products:
- Ring elements for clamp connectors Subsea
- Brackets in various dimensions.
- Repair clamps.
- Parts for pipe cutters.
- Connecting adaptors.
- Connecting Links for sea fastening
- Pad Eyes in various dimensions up to 2 500mm
- Hydraulic blocks up to 1 600mm
- Rolled rings up to 150mm thickness & 2 000mm length.
- Chain stoppers
- Flanges in all sizes and thickness
- Heat treatment of steel. (Normalizing and Pwht)