Leidar Influx Loss Detection (ILD) module is a kick detection algorithm, able to detect symptoms of downhole incidents before they evolve into a well control event. It has been tested against the Straume® hydraulic simulator, in real-life and accounts for transient drill operations (connections, pressure set-point changes, surge & swab effects) to avoid false alarms.
• Enable earlier detection of influx/loss
• Avoid false alarms
• Single-most cost-effective measure to reduce Non-Productive Time (NPT) caused by kick/loss-incidents
The Leidar hydraulic model is a high-performance, real-time downhole pressure estimator, tested and verified with field data. It captures the downhole dynamics and is both easy to configure and calibrate. The Leidar hydraulic model can be used standalone or with the Leidar® pressure controller.
• Estimates downhole pressure at any location (virtual sensors)
• Automatic calibration
• Continuous estimation between PWD updates (e.g. connections) or manual calibration (calculated)
• Handles circulation, drilling, connections, multi-fluid operations, surge-swab and more
The Leidar pressure controller is built on the latest technology in advanced adaptive control, typically used in autonomous aircrafts for extreme performance and robustness.
The Leidar pressure controller allows the driller to choose one of four control modes:
• Choke pressure (single/dual)
• Downhole pressure (requires Leidar® hydraulic model)
• Standpipe pressure
• Choke flow