Geophysical monitoring of hydrocarbon reservoirs provides increased recovery, hence a more efficient use of resources in environmentally sensitive areas. However, traditional surveying with active seismic guns is a costly operation with impact on sea life, e.g. on mammals in arctic regions. Gravitude gWatch provides an alternative monitoring technology based on seabed gravity measurements with a negligible environmental impact.
Gravimetry monitoring provides:
• Measurement of aquifer strength, providing a better estimate of remaining reserves and an optimized recovery strategy
• Monitoring of fluid contact movements, providing better forecast of water break-through
• Mapping of hydrocarbon depletion and identification of unproduced compartments, representing infill well opportunities
Geophysical monitoring of hydrocarbon reservoirs provides increased recovery, hence a more efficient use of resources in environmentally sensitive areas. However, traditional surveying with active seismic guns is a costly operation with impact on sea life, e.g. on mammals in arctic regions. Gravidue DepthWatch provides an alternative based on measurements of seafloor deformation, with negligible environmental impact.
Seafloor deformation can be related to reservoir compaction. Monitoring it provides:
• Improved performance forecast
• Identification of sealing faults and undepleted compartments as infill-well opportunities
• An improved geomechanical model, which increases the value of other monitoring measurements
• Early warnings if subsidence challenges seafloor installation integrity
Octio DrillWatch consists in passive seismic monitoring during drilling. A cable with 4C sensors is deployed on the seabed to analyse sounds originated in the subsurface by the drilling operation.
The applications of DrillWatch are:
• Geosteering of the drill bit, with a few meters resolution, for more efficient operation and increased oil recovery rates
• Seismic imaging of horizons and geobodies ahead of the drill bit
• Monitoring of fractures and their location, resulting from injection tests or incidents
• Improved knowledge base for planning future wells
Octio DrillWatch does not interfere with the drilling operation, and does not introduce any additional complication or risk. The seismic data is processed in real time, and provided for prompt decision taking during the operation.