Semco Maritime offers surveys to help detect hazards and recommend a winterization solution for any rig or vessel. Based on the survey, a cost-efficient and effective solution can be engineered to suit the vessel in need of winterization.
When performing a winterization survey, a range of aspects is taken into account:
• Freezing on structures providing fall hazards
• Possibility of electrical malfunctions
• Freezing of moving parts on machinery
• Necessity of insulation for firefighting equipment
• Low temperature effects on various equipment
• Freezing of fluids in piping systems
• Comfort of accommodation areas when exposed to arctic climates
Extensive surveying experience makes Semco Maritime an excellent choice for surveying any rig or vessel situated in cold climates.
Semco Maritime is eligible to help winterize rigs and vessels by providing and installing winterization equipment in compliance with the International Maritime Organization’s “Polar Code”.
Amongst other, our services include installation and provision of:
• Heated non-slip Arctic Pad® mats on all walkways and stairs
• Insulation on all types of piping systems with a Persolit foam material
• Electrical heat tracing of all types of piping and firefighting systems
• Steam cleaners for moving and melting ice and snow
• Wind walls to prevent freezing of equipment
Our 30 years of experience, access to multiple North European shipyards and extensive experience executing projects offshore, makes Semco Maritime an excellent choice for servicing any rig or vessel situated in the North Sea.