The three existing Sevan deepwater drilling rigs provide a robust and stable platform for drilling operations. The enclosed moonpool, the large load carrying capacity and fuel efficient dynamic positioning (DP) operation are valued by operators.
Based on the experience from our existing deepwater drilling units, we have developed units for operation in harsh and arctic environments. These units are winterized and have ice-strengthened hulls, in addition to having the same benefits as the existing Sevan units. The main focus in the design development has been to provide an efficient drilling factory with minimum environmental footprint. Reduced emissions are achieved by use of hybrid power solutions, variable speed drives and waste heat recovery.
Sevan SSP has pioneered the cylindrically shaped FPSO as an alternative to the ship-shaped FPSO. The Sevan hull design represents substantial cost savings for harsh environment installations, both in the construction and the operational phases.
General benefits of the technology:
• Reduced CAPEX and OPEX; no complex turret and swivel systems, no thrusters for heading control
• Scalable design
• Accommodates a large number of risers/umbilicals
• Low cost for subsea interfaces and provisional tie-ins
• Improved motion characteristics
Special benefits for arctic environments:
• Insensitive for the rapid wind direction changes of polar lows
• Geostationary design for sea ice conditions
• Ice breaking hull developed and model tested
• Winterization efficiently integrated